Friday, July 10, 2009

Eared Grebe: Yosemite Road From the East Into the Valley




Yosemite Road From the East Into the Valley


The Yosemite road

from the east

into the valley

is a trip ~

it's trippy.


The land is so clean,

so clear, so beautiful,

so pure, and so natural.

Oh, the beautiful Ponderosa

and Jeffrey pines,

from the rolling road,

with wondrous view after view

of forest, meadows,

granite, water and light.

Being here

brings me home, ~

heightening awareness,

yes, high.


This way brings me home

into the present.



I hiked here long ago

on the Pacific Crest Trail

for 4 months one year.

I walked the

John Muir trail then,

my first time ever

in California -

{and I hiked another 1 1/2 months

2 years later through the north Cascades}.

And, as a through-hiker,

I stopped at the little

post office here

in Tuolumne Meadows

for a food box.



I understand John Muir's

love for this place.

He represented

Yosemite so well,

and now there are

so many people coming here,

in this well-managed park.


There's freedom here

in California,

in the mind.


And as I travel

along this road, -

eliciting kinds

of loving bliss

just happens,

vis-a-vis Yosemite's

beauty here.

How?


Yosemite is a trip.






*








...



No comments: