- WUaS is free, wiki, and C.C. MIT OCW-centric (http://ocw.mit.edu). WUaS invites your teaching and learning as wiki - teach to your web camera or click "edit this page" at WUaS. Join WUaS on Twitter - https://twitter.com/WorldUnivandSch. Come help grow a WUaS MIT OCW-centric universal education in all languages and countries.
- I'm very glad to say that WUaS has now received both the Silver and Bronze level designations from Guidestar.org (affiliated with the IRS) for tax-exempt World University and School:
- Scott is planning to teach the open, online, free "Information Technology, the Network Society, and the Global University" this autumn 2014 - http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2014/08/sundews-drosera-prolifera-planning-to.html - on Harvard's virtual island and in Google + group video Hangouts, on Saturdays for 2 hours from 11a-1p (Pacific Time) unless people are interested in distant time zones, in which case we'll explore changing the course's scheduling, beginning Saturday, September 20th. Come participate!
- WUaS has pushed backed the planned high school student application period to autumn 2015, with first students matriculating in autumn 2016 online - which will be the first World University and School class - the class of 2020 in all likelihood.
- As the founder and president of MIT OCW-centric WUaS, I'd also like to ask if you could please ask two friends to donate $10 to World University and School, explaining World University and School a little to your friends first, and then also ask if you could please donate at least $10/month yourself, as a model for them, by clicking on the PayPal button, for example, here -
Thank you for joining the World University and School team. WUaS would like to invite you to participate in our hour-long, annual, business meeting this Saturday, September 13th, beginning at 9 a.m., PDT / 12 noon EDT.
This month we'll meet in Free Conference Call. And this month, I'll continue to send out a second email a few minutes prior to 9am PT with the phone number and access code, to our entire WUaS email list with the actual web address / URL of the Google + group video Hangout, as well as send a third email after business meeting with WUaS Minutes.
Concerning this WUaS team email list, we'll generally send out business meeting emails once a month. If you'd like to receive more frequent, sporadic, WUaS emails, please reply to this email telling me so. If you could, please REPLY with UNSUBSCRIBE, or an alternative email address, if you wish NOT to receive WUaS's emails, or receive them in a different email account, - and WUaS would be very grateful.
World University and School is planning to become the MIT / Harvard / Yale / Stanford / Oxbridge of the Internet, and in all 7,106+ languages and 242+ countries, with online, Creative Commons' licensed MIT OCW-centric, university degrees in large languages.
Free, Creative Commons' licensed, online, wiki WUaS, like Wikipedia with MIT OCW, is planned for all 3,000-8,000 languages and for around 240 countries, with free degrees accrediting on C.C. MIT OpenCourseWare+, - and will help many, many people.
Thank you again for your generous contributions interest in helping grow World University and School.
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with MIT OpenCourseWare (not endorsed by MIT OCW) - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization, both effective April 2010.
I'm an anthropologist who also finds fascinating the internet, ideas, poetry, sociology, art, science, philosophy, history, music, love and life ~ as well as the anthropology of information technology & counterculture :) -