Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Lilium ledebourii: How are you all doing in the poetry "wonder-zone," Susana and Tim?, You'll find a pic of Watsu per Harbin here ~ http://scottmacleod.com/poetry.htm ~ and re a different kind of wonder-zone ... :), Wonderzone, Wonder-zone, wonder zone, Thank you for this "Calling All Poets" introduction and communication generation, Tim, For me, wonder-zone can be akin to loving bliss neurophysiology where this brain chemistry is measurable and will become elicit-able in new ways with knowing how it works


How are you all doing in the poetry "wonder-zone," Susan and Tim?

You'll find a pic of Watsu per Harbin here ~ http://scottmacleod.com/poetry.htm ~ and re a different kind of wonder-zone ... :)

Where do you head with poetry and wonderful wonder, Susan? I have some sense of where Tim heads with this (since I've shared some of this journey with him:).

Scott

*
HI Scott!

I've been meaning to write  you about Ba shao
A bit of a funny story.  My sister is a China scholar and was doing a Fulbright in southwestern China.  While she's fluent in Mandarin, I am not and was able to converse with one of her friends at a picnic in French.  We learned we both share a love of poetry and spent a lovely time at a picnic in far flung China speaking French about a Chinese poet!

I guess I try to live my life with poetry and wonder generally :) but I find some places that are good for me and to which I return regularly and they include Mexico, New Mexico, and Provence.  How about you?
Susan

*

Hi Susan,

Came across "Sunflower Splendor" poetry book ("largest and, on the whole, best anthology of translated Chinese poems to have appeared in a Western language") at Reed College (from where I know Tim), and will check into Ba shao's poetry here ...

The "poetry" of place (wonderland-wise too) ... has happened for me a bit through travel, and certainly at Harbin, but the poetry of place hasn't really reached me too fully per se (even given its vastness) compared to the "poetry" of placelessness of listening to music that moves me on the Web, for example. Funny virtual world we live in (where virtual for me means "as if" mediated by computing technologies, and is a focus of my first, big book an actual-virtual anthropology - "Naked Harbin Ethnography" - which also has a wee bit of poetry in it :) Talking about nowheres-ville neurophysiology transformation via music, in a sense ... and re the "poetry" of wonder
:)

I'll check into the Mandarin language haiku tradition as well.

Your travels with sister sound fun. Thanks for your email.

Scott


*
Sunflower splendor makes me think of course, of the South of France where there are glorious fields of them in the latter part of summer.  That is neat that you and Tim knew each other at Reed.  I am overdue to read your work and will let you know!
Susan

Sent from my iPhone


*
Hi Susan,

Sunflowers can be so splendid, as can the south of France.

Just found some haiku in Chinese -
http://www.graceguts.com/haiku-and-senryu/haiku-in-chinese ...

I'd be honored if you read my work.

Cheers,
Scott

*
...

Sounds good to me, Susana.

And thank you for this "Calling All Poets" introduction and communication-generation, Tim.

(Curious too how some poetry will get machine translated poetically eventually - and hopefully with via a MIT Media lab faculty position I've applied to, and waiting to hear back about. My "Haiku-ish" ~ http://www.scottmacleod.com/HaikuishPoetryBook.html ~ book may be where some of this is tested. How might this machine translation emerge even in a realistic virtual earth - thinking Google Street View / Maps / Earth / Brain with Google Translate and a realistic virtual Harbin here ... some further creative possibilities).

Scott

*
... and re:

Old-growth forest: Calling All Poets, Ekphrasis, Allman Bros or the Grateful Dead (which musics can get me into a kind of wonder-zone, as can Basho's haiku), Continue to explore how to create a virtual Harbin experience in a realistic virtual world (aspects of poetry here), Poetry wiki subject at WUaS planned in all ~200 countries' languages, and indeed in all 7,099 living languages ~

https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2018/01/old-growth-forest-calling-all-poets.html

*
For me, wonder-zone, or the wonder zone, can be akin to loving bliss neurophysiology where these brain chemistries / this bodymind/brain chemistry is measurable and will become elicit-able in new ways with knowing how it works.

We can all wiki-teach, for example, about

~ "Loving Bliss (eliciting this neurophysiology)" here ~
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Loving_Bliss_(eliciting_this_neurophysiology)

~ or about Watsu (water shiatsu) here ~
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Watsu_-_water_shiatsu ~



*






...


No comments: