Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Pirongia Forest Park (New Zealand): #WUaSGaming - https://twitter.com/hashtag/WUaSgaming?src=hashtag_click - and beginning with Pokemon Go (with Google Street View with Time Slider / Maps) and D & D style medieval game play? * * * Pretty wild development in robotics - "Drama with a #robotic lead"



#WUaSGaming - https://twitter.com/hashtag/WUaSgaming?src=hashtag_click -  and beginning with Pokemon Go (with Google Street View with Time Slider / Maps) and D & D style medieval game play?

in one #RealisticVirtualEarthForHiking ~

https://twitter.com/hashtag/RealisticVirtualEarthForHiking?src=hashtag_click ~ (& re Pokemon Go?)


*

https://twitter.com/HarbinBook/status/1341133190308610048?s=20


Scott MacLeod sgkmacleod@gmail.com

3:01 PM (5 minutes ago)
to MarcTymlillianbthomasThomasJerryRobRobDavidSiouxJanieAlexBarbaraBruceDavidEdHeatherLindaTaylorPattiScottPinGeorgeHughBetsyHenrySandyPeterBrianNancyGreg
Rob, Hugh, All, 

Nice to talk about a month ago, Rob - to celebrate your birthday too, and belatedly! - (and after quite a while), Rob (and since high school in the second half of the 1970s in Pgh at SSA). May call you again soonish and before 5pm ET! :)

(A new 'moral' aspect to social media's Twitter??? see below ... )

Following up on my previous email to you - 

"Nice to talk the other day (after quite a while), Rob (and since high school in the second half of the 1970s). Glad you're visiting organic groceries in the Connecticut town where you live! Interesting to observe what 'organizations' and 'culture' comes through time from the 1960s and even late 1970s (as I listen to this Allman Bros 1973 - https://youtu.be/DNAmXz8kc6I - as I type). (Congratulations too to Gwyn / you on getting into Harvard Law School!)

Regarding social media and Twitter introducing "a feature that pops people up to the top of the smartphone Twitter screen - allowing me to unfollow them, if I so choose, which I'm doing; are they all illegals somehow? - could be" (see email below too) ... I continue to unfollow 1 or 2 people everyday, and I infer that they could be involved in illegal activities too somehow (so am in agreement with Twitter's coding, possibly, and so far) ... interesting to think about what kind of coding Twitter could be using in its databases. 

Appreciating too, in these regards, Gerd Moe-Behrens's recent Tweet - https://twitter.com/GerdMoeBehrens/status/1352770791746711552?s=20 (as a scientist and regarding Twitter too, which is evolving - and social media distributively-wise, where distributed is a key feature of the internet). He's a sophisticated and very ethical I think and knowledgeable synthetic biologist / biological engineer based in Berlin, who is also an Apple programmer, and who wanted very much to emigrate to the US, but which didn't happen; here are some videos of us from 2012 in a Google Hangout in a Stanford Advanced Startups' course - http://scottmacleod.com/papers.htm.

Here's Gerd Moe-Behrens's Tweet (as he leaves Twitter fairly completely) with new social media sites - 

Is Gerd a conscientious objector? I think he's familiar with this thinking (https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/conscientious%20objection)"


So, new and updated Tweets, some pinned ... (and see related Twitter feeds for related Tweets, and other good ideas ... )

Seeking to begin to develop WUaS Virtual Reality further, and even regarding Gaming as in #WUaSGaming - https://twitter.com/hashtag/WUaSgaming?src=hashtag_click - and beginning with Pokemon Go (with Google Street View with Time Slider / Maps) and D & D style medieval game play? ...

Just updated - 
~Light, Float, Sit, #Watsu ~#Virtually '21 ~
Visit in Google Street View ~ https://www.google.com/maps/place/Harbin+Hot+Springs/@38.7859466,-122.6518134,3a,75y,3.07h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZvCvdrcS5wPenGS_nB4JtA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xde57c3ab0ecaa2c9!8m2!3d38.7860806!4d-122.6518315 ~
...
~To the Dance or the Pools? in #wuAsVR '19
~Winding Road Rainbow '18
~Haiku-ish & Other Loving Hippy Harbin Poetry '17
~#NakedHarbinEthnography '16
http://amazon.com/author/scottmacleodworlduniversity ~
@WUaSPress http://www.scottmacleod.com/ActualVirtualHarbinBook.html  ~
...

https://twitter.com/HarbinBook/status/1366814117034557440?s=20
https://twitter.com/scottmacleod/status/1366815158765449220?s=20
https://twitter.com/sgkmacleod/status/1366816126739439617?s=20
https://twitter.com/TheOpenBand/status/1366816608237154305?s=20
https://twitter.com/WUaSPress/status/1366817010051551232?s=20
https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch/status/1366817949315567617?s=20
...


Am also beginning to post in some new social media (thanks to Gerd Moe Behrens' thinking ... but continuing to see value in posting to Twitter, which he may have been 'framed' out of even (unethically?) ... And since Twitter is popping up people to 'unfollow' - as I think of this - regularly on smartphones ... all illegal perpetrators ??? in one way or another >>> like France's president today, Sarkozy or Macron ... ) ... this gives potentially a new MORAL dimension to one social media site even :)

https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/1213567941551677440?referrer=scottworldunivandsch



(See, too, my email to Rob Byrne and friends - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2021/02/chamaenerion-angustifolium.html - and regarding "Regarding social media and Twitter introducing "a feature that pops people up to the top of the smartphone Twitter screen - allowing me to unfollow them, if I so choose,..." ) ... would think of this as involving 'discernment' in a Quaker sense too re thinking ... 

Hoping you're all doing well ... and am seeking to blog about some of this today as well ... probably in the 'virtual world' blog label - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/virtual%20world - but maybe not with the 'virtual Harbin' blog label :)

Warm regards, Scott

Looked up "Mirkwood forest" in Google today for a national forest to begin my blog post (natural, natural, natural :) today and found Pirongia in NZ ... :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_old-growth_forests

-- 
- Scott MacLeod


*  


Scott MacLeod sgkmacleod@gmail.com

3:32 PM (1 minute ago)
to RobDavidSiouxJanieAlexBarbaraBruceDavidEdHeatherLindaTaylorPattiScottPinGeorgeHughBetsyHenrySandyPeterBrianNancyGregMarcTymlillianbthomasThomasJerryRob

Pretty wild development in robotics - 

Drama with a #robotic lead 

@mvollmer1
 
@MikeQuindazzi
 
@ChuckDBrooks
 
@enricomolinari
 
@KirkDBorne
 
@Nicochan33
 
@terence_mills
 
@pascal_bornet
 
@TamaraMcCleary
 
@morgfair
 
@YuHelenYu
 
@Hana_ElSayyed
 
@EvanKirstel
 
@kuriharan
 
@kashthefuturist
 
@alvinfoo

MT
@lalkundana


https://twitter.com/TerenceLeungSF/status/1366562922860670976?s=20


Will take a bit to parse this one re robotics' developments (battery recharging-wise especially, if these are indeed physical robots, and not some kind of augmented reality :), - and is the humanoid robot running down the road with the dog robot at the end (and could this be like the Harbin Hot Springs' road even, and 'walk' down the Harbin road 4 'miles' from here ~ http://tinyurl.com/p62rpcg ~ https://twitter.com/HarbinBook ~ http://bit.ly/HarbinBook ~)

Warm regards, :)
Scott



-- 
- Scott MacLeod




* * * 

Pokemon Go (& WUaS Gaming even)

Hi Ed, All, 


Are your kids into playing Pokemon Go ?


Seems like a possibly ideal computer game to help build a wiki realistic virtual earth even in Google Street View Since Pokemon Go and Street View / Maps are integrated. 

There's also a Pokemon Go syllabus in GDocs in this from around 2016 ... and an online project I was in with Harvard Prof (with MIT Media Lab PhD) Karen Brennan too ... 

Couldn't however on Google Pixel 3a smartphone get past adding my nickname for the Pokemon Go ' trainers.' So this morning I think I'm finding a way to play it with a Bluestacks' Emulator on my MacBook Air laptop -

★★ Play Pokemon Go On Your PC or Mac ★★ || 100% Working Easiest Tutorial || (2016)
https://youtu.be/a0Fc6kl1I-Y

- and maybe they'll work together eventually on Laptop and Smartphone. 

But, 
A system extension from "Oracle America Inc" was blocked or similar during the installation ... I opened MacBook's preferences ... am unsure whether to allow or not, which I can do ... don't want to mess up my laptop installing this sizable emulator program from Bluestacks 


The Bluestacks emulator partially installed is already showing images from Pokemon Go and another message says I can try rebooting PC (Mac).   Hmmm ...


You mentioned a little game controller the other day for gaming ... may explore this too 

Scott


And I came back from the restroom and the whole Bluestacks' emulator with Pokemon Go images partially installed had disappeared ... I also have the older Apple MacBook High Sierra operating system, and Bluestacks may only work with Big Sur (the very newest MacBook OS - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS) which it said it was for ... will reboot and check things out, and see if I have access to Pokemon Go Bluestacks' emulator :)


Such software, while out of its infancy (2011 is when Bluestacks' emulator began), isn't yet without bugs, and isn't 'one size fits all' ... but is it backwards compatible? :)

Fondly, 
Scott

-- 
- Scott MacLeod


Bluestacks' emulator was findable - https://www.bluestacks.com/apps/adventure/pokemon-go-on-pc.html -  after rebooting my MacBook, so I opened it and gaming images came up .... clicked "Allow" for a system extension from "Oracle America Inc" in Security and Privacy... 

Am slightly security conscious, did I give precious private data away ?


Then I ran into loop after loop of sign in problems ... read on if you dare or care or ... Pokemon Go is a great fit for creating a realistic virtual earth ... and for 150-500 undergraduate students this autumn, taking MIT OCW into edX courses too  :)) ... https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2021/02/john-muir-wilderness.html ...

So I think I've learned that Niantic's Pokemon Go is a mess ... is this a job for Peter Norvig (since he would know Google Street View / Maps - and is head of AI at Google? perhaps ...) ... 

This is where I'm at, having found a support form - - https://pokemongolive.com/en/sign-in-help/ ... :) ... Fondly, Scott



Scott MacLeod <sgkmacleod@worlduniversityandschool.org>

11:59 AM (38 minutes ago)
to Niantic
Thanks Niantic, 

I'm still having trouble signing in, even after reading the web page you suggested in this email again; please see my description below. Would you have a temporary or correct Trainer Name I could use? None seem available. Could I use something like this - 'Aphilo617' ? Thank you.

Pokemon Go sign in questions
Sa 2/27/21
Hi - I first signed into Pokemon Go on Pixel 3a Android smartphone with - sgkmacleod@worlduniversityandschool.org - and still don't know my trainer name. And I only have submitted DOB and don't think I have a username re above on this form. None that I try seem to work. Then I downloaded Bluestacks' emulator on MacBook Air with High Sierra OS, and tried to sign in again with above email, and with 2 new emails, sgkmacleod@gmail.com and my FB - https://www.facebook.com/macleod/ - scottmacleod100@hotmail.com - and also choosing a Pin number, but I now can't sign in to play Pokemon Go with any of these email addresses etc. How please to sign in from here? 

Thank you, Scott 



-- 
- Scott MacLeod


Ed, Ma, Marc, Tym, Pin, 

Well, Niantic Pokemon Go Tech Support worked out: 


"Dear Philo P, Thank you for your reply. I was able to make a new first step into Pokemon Go on my phone with the new "ASierraNevada" name. Thanks. I haven't checked yet in the Bluestacks' emulator re Pokemon Go how logging in will work. If I wanted to explore related Pokemon Go and Google Street View / Maps' questions in this blog post - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2021/02/john-muir-wilderness.html - would you be the best person to communicate with? Thank you! Scott" 

It took about an hour, and am wondering what information I gave up on the process, security-wise. 
 
If any of you are in Pokemon Go and can connect, ASierraNevada is my new username, which I think Philo P selected together from my many attempts and trying to get a username, having tried SierraNevada and ASierraNevada.

Are any of you in Pokemon Go? Is it possible to connect in this world? Catching Pokemon Go Augmented Reality creatures is what it's all about at first ... but one can do this anywhere in the world, and video and photograph the world as you go. 

Cheers, Scott


-- 
- Scott MacLeod


Good afternoon, Ed, Ma, Marc, Pin, Tym,


Am in successfully playing the Pokemon Go game on my smartphone - a bit boring game on a walk, and I couldn't take pictures of Pokemon Augmented Reality on walk in the real world on camera yet, but I could throw balls at Pokemon while walking, and get points! But this game has much much potential for WUaS Gaming with Google Street View integration - https://twitter.com/hashtag/WUaSgaming?src=hashtag_click - I think and for our WUaS students too ...

 I think I'm doing some trouble shooting for Niantic Pokemon Go on Laptop ... which laptop could open a much bigger horizon for exploration of Pokemon Go too ... 

(Am likely to explore extending my lease 3 months, month by month beginning today for April 1 ... since I haven't heard anything back yet about a Canyon 94516 "clean up" re illegal s x trade's effects ... and even from federal authorities, but moving back into Canyon where I was before has merit, if mentally ill landlord family moved on due to legal and psychiatric reasons ...)

Haven't seen yet either how to connect with people / friends in Pokemon Go yet either, but my name there is "ASierraNevada" ...

Am downloading some version of Dungeon and Dragons on my smartphone now, a board game on paper I was exploring in the late 1970s while at Shady Side Academy in Pittsburgh PA ... may see if Rob Byrne is playing this virtually these days :) 

Fondly,
Scott


(In the Genetic Engineering Revolution? - How will these 'beauty' genetic therapies be administered by cosmetologist technicians? How will they be regulated in Mass., in CA, in other countries like Mongolia?)
In the #GeneticEngineeringRevolution? #WUaSAgingReversal ~ "#Cosmetology is one of the most popular vocational tracks in Mass. But is it too late for a makeover of Madison Park’s beauty program? 






Email just now to Niantic Pokemon Go support - 

Hi Philo P and Niantic support, 

I got in successfully to Pokemon Go on my smartphone with "ASierraNevada" - thank you.

Now on my MacBook Air with High Sierra using Bluestacks' emulator, 

it first asks me to enter Date of Birth - which I've done many times first on both devices ...

2. Select "Returning Player"

next I selected 'Returning Player'

3. Select Google as your login method
4. Select the email address that we've provided (needs to be already logged in on the device)
then selected this my first GOOGLE sgkmacleod@worlduniversityandschool.org ACCOUNT I entered on both devices (which I first entered on smartphone, and which I've used on MacBook Air along with sgkmacleod@gmail.com - and I have the option to select this sgkmacleod@gmail.com account too in this step)

Still in Bluestacks' emulator in Pokemon Go sign in process on MacBook Air, I get this screen again ... 

To access your work account on this device, you'll need to set a lock screen. This is your organization's mobile device policy"

Then I get - 
"Confirm your pin 
Enter your device pin to continue. Required after device restarts ." 

Then I enter the same PIN as yesterday, and I get this screen -

"Unlock selection

None
Current screen lock
Swipe
Pattern
Pin
Password" 

And when I select Pin again (like yesterday a few times) and enter pin I get - 

"Choose your pin" (as if in a loop, since I've chosen my pin already)
which I enter again 
"Confirm your pin" 
entered this again

"Notifications" (again )

I choose radio button 
"Don't show notifications at all"

"Done"

which loops me back to this - 

To access your work account on this device, you'll need to set a lock screen. This is your organization's mobile device policy"
(above too)

so I can then 
"Switch Accounts" 

and at the beginning of Bluestack emulators' Pokemon Go sign on process again, I try - 

the sgkmacleod@gmail.com (the other account option here) ... and I get - 

"Unable to sign in. Please check that this Pokemon GO account exists and you have correctly selected New or Returning Player. OK (button)" 

So, still not able to sign into Pokemon GO on my MacBook Air with Bluestacks' emulator, how do I get out of the "enter PIN" loop here please?

Thank you, 
Scott





-- 
- Scott MacLeod


Ed, 

Just texted my current landlord, Navin Doshi: 

Hi Navin, Thanks for repairing the pipe under sink on Friday. And thanks for saying too recently that extending my lease 3 months or 12 months would be ok - glad things are working out in these regards. (Nice too to see you and Sarla recently). Having not heard back from Ed today (after emailing him and friends in the federal govt too), I'm waiting to learn how a possible 'clean up' in Canyon 94516 is developing, both legally and psychiatrically, for ex. So I'm writing to ask if I could possibly please extend the lease on a month to month basis for the upcoming 3 months (say 4/1 - 6/30, and then talk further?). Thank you, Scott

Scott

Some further thoughts about computer games, and learning - 

In a way Pokemon Go is a 'first person shooter' game - a very successful genre in computer games ... throwing digital balls with your finger at Pokemon characters ... :) ... funny things people do 


Am trying a D&D text based game too ... (text is an old game strategy I think ... and perhaps traceable historically as coming right out of 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings' ' 4 books by JRR Tolkien, which books I think I read around 9 times each in the 1970s) ... and then which possibly developed into the Dungeons and Dragons' board game (medieval history writ creatively in science fiction and then game form!) ... but I'm not sure many role player games have lead to spectacular skill learning - and in an educational setting or context - or even if they've moved very far creatively out of their gaming engines' structure that make these playing by many possible. The group buildable 3D virtual world of Second Life, also a version of MMORPG is where I've taught my Society and Information Technology course for many years on Harvard's virtual island there - http://worlduniversityandschool.org/InfoTechNetworkSocGlobalUniv.html - but isn't technially a computer game in many ways


MMORPG
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game


In many ways, Second Life is similar to Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs). ... but "unlike MMORPGs, residents in Second Life aren't in a game, though there are games inside Second Life's virtual environment. They inhabit a virtual world free of pre-determined goals or tasks, just like the real world."

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/social-networking/networks/second-life.htm


A massively multiplayer online game (MMOG, or more commonly, MMO) is an online game with large numbers of players, often hundreds or thousands, on the same server.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game


Second Life, per this, on the other hand,  - 
"It is a "massively multiplayer online role playing game" (MMORPG), but one that offers users total freedom to create and interact as if they were living another life."
https://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/second-life

I've just downloaded the 
"D&D Style Medieval Fantasy RPG" - Role Playing Games - (Choices Game) - Apps on ...play.google.com › store › apps › details › id=com.delig...
OLD-SCHOOL D&D-STYLE TEXT ADVENTURE WITH MODERN TWISTS! If you like old-school D&D-style RPG games where you make the choices for the main ...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.delightgames.medievalfantasy&hl=en_US&gl=US

and am appreciating its text based choices, and skill writing, but not all of the 2-4 options at the bottom of the text are cleverly thought out and also not involving harming something (by hacking or killing etc. :) ... but there is a logic to the texts that come after you choose an option, and the points you game or lose ... and the Hobbit-akin language :)

All of this in a SINGLE realistic virtual earth (think Google Street View with time slider with avatar bots) for Gaming - #RealisticVirtualEarth -  https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RealisticVirtualEarth&src=typeahead_click - so how to bring the current computer games inside 1 single realistic virtual earth re #WUaSgaming

And how about NEWLY into a #RealisticVirtualEarthForArchaeology - https://twitter.com/hashtag/RealisticVirtualEarthForArchaeology?src=hashtag_click - and combine it with skills' learning even, and robotics? :)

Scott

D&D Style Medieval Fantasy RPG - Role Playing Games - (Choices Game) - Apps on ...play.google.com › store › apps › details › id=com.delig...
OLD-SCHOOL D&D-STYLE TEXT ADVENTURE WITH MODERN TWISTS! If you like old-school D&D-style RPG games where you make the choices for the main ...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.delightgames.medievalfantasy&hl=en_US&gl=US


GREAT IMAGE involving Street View and walking - and genetics of bones, and English graveyards even :) - and genealogy (working in 5 years???) 
Church of England to launch a 'Google Maps for graves' w/i five years enabling family historians to search for burial records & locations in an online database -https://dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8068893/Church-England-launch-Google-Maps-graves-five-years.html #RealisticVirtualEarth #RealisticVirtualEarthForArchaeology #RealisticVirtualEarthForGenetics ~

https://twitter.com/TheOpenBand/status/1235357771744169985?s=20


-- 
- Scott MacLeod





* * * 

Genetics and aging reversal ... 


Ma,

How was your day today? 

There's a MIT OCW TALK on Wednesday if you might be interested - 

We are turning 20! Join us for an online panel presentation about the origins of OCW, and what's in store for us in the future.  March 3 at 10am EST on Zoom and our YouTube channel.  Come with questions!   #OEWeek https://t.co/4Wd449yfML


...
And, WILDLY, it ...

seems preposterous that an aging reversal genetic engineering drug therapy - say a cream - could reverse age back to newborn size but check out this puppy - 



So ... Hypothetically ... 
Be careful how you apply these drugs !!! Size- & age-wise esp. ... Cells programmed in REVERSE :)


And relatedly ...

In the #GeneticEngineeringRevolution? #WUaSAgingReversal ~ "#Cosmetology is one of the most popular vocational tracks in Mass. But is it too late for a makeover of Madison Park’s beauty program? 

 

Love, Scott 



* * 

Hi Ma, 


How are you today? And what are you up to this weekend? 

Good meditation this morning, again (and regarding your email yesterday evening, and mine as well). Are you finding your way to meditation very much? Am continuing too to meditate on The Desiderata (thanks to George's thinking) - https://www.desiderata.com/desiderata.html ... 

Here's one approach I take to meditation - http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2008/09/arc-steps-to-elicit-relaxation-response.html :) Check out the pictures too :)

Heading out to the garden patio for a soft boiled egg on a blue sky day with a little fog :)

Thanks for being my wonderful mother (sometimes I think of this as the opposite of the spiritual "Sometimes I feel like a motherless child" - and for which I'm very grateful)!

Love, 
Scott



-- 
- Scott MacLeod


*

Ma, 


The word patience in Scottish Gaelic came up on Twitter today ... :) Here it is - https://twitter.com/LearnGaelicScot/status/1365325805006553090?s=20 - and which I retweeted and if you'd like to know what the word is too ... the log jam image on Google Smart TV also has popped up recently a few times recently and may be a similar idea 


And patience regarding meeting a life partner friend where we connect ! 

Interesting WUaS Gaming thinking today and with Pokemon Go which works in Google Street View with time slider and regarding even a realistic virtual earth for archaeology in blog post - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2021/02/john-muir-wilderness.html ... and potentially with robotics ... check out some of the videos and images!

I have a recollection of you and Granny too exploring the idea of archaeology with me when I was growing up (as a possible career ?) ... and interestingly archaeology is under the umbrella of anthropology, where I've become an anthropologist regarding my actual-virtual Harbin Hot Springs projects (and the Desiderata re keeping one's career in mind) 

What are you up to today? And this weekend? 

Sending love, Scott



Love, Scott



-- 
- Scott MacLeod


*

Good morning, Ma,

Woke up early this morning ... How was your week? ... And the following thinking came up ... (And re some of our recent emails ... ) ...

A good property lawyer - re Canyon (since 670 Ridgecrest's property law deeds may be a total total mess, since the 1960s) - came to mind early this morning, after Harvard Law's Molly Brady popped up in Twitter ... https://twitter.com/mollyxbrady/status/1365642680357765126?s=19 ... 

...and regarding a whole other set, speculatively





Thank you for being wonderful ... (Hoping for change in SF BAY AREA culture ... Which has change in the air ... But this kind of change is a little internal looking (psychiatric too), rather than societally, and with a law focus as well :)

Hoping you have a good weekend, Ma! What are you up to? Appreciating much our conversation :)


Sending love❤️Scott



-- 
- Scott MacLeod




*

Hi my wonderful mother!,

Walking to the UU Church as a closed destination (culturally too in some ways only) is good movement ... or exercise ..  frequently these days ... Nearly 4 miles ... 5.794 kilometers or 3.6 miles, along a fairly nice windy road

Came across this tweet yesterday 

FOCUS 

FROM Kate Land MD at Kaiser Permanente in Davis CA

"The voice in my head this morning right here:
Time to pick up the camera, focus and look for that creative light. 
“There’s a crack in everything - that’s how the light gets in.” https://t.co/kvn61ekmM1"

INTERESTING thinking in image and texts (out of the '60s in the image, re a kind of philosophy too ...) ... And could she know Ed? Perhaps as colleagues ...

And regarding finding a life partner?


The Desiderata 

"Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass." 



And on top of all of this, what if we live a very long time? ... because of aging reversal genetic engineering being SPEEDED UP as process, one year into the coronavirus pandemic, which may Already be speeding up the genetic engineering revolution itself (intentionally or planned even) ... And now thanks to machine learning and AI at the molecular level ... And even in a realistic virtual earth for genetics ... https://twitter.com/TheOpenBand/status/1235357771744169985?s=19 ...

What are you up to this week? 

Sending Love, Scott

Lacan continues to interest me ...

John Money too

Informing together new approaches even to psychiatry at WUaS ... In most languages too, as planned ...



-- 
- Scott MacLeod




* * 

Scott,

We're doing well, just hanging out in Portland with the occasional visit up to the lake in Buxton. I've had my fat bike out a few times at Bradbury Mountain and we've been out on snow shoes and skis a bit. We see Gerry and Mary Lou Kennedy every now and then.

On the genealogy front, I'm still working on DNA data, now from over 30 'relatives' with Raasay roots. I'm soon to add 5 more folks to my dataset who were born and raised on Raasay.

I tried speaking to Ernest, our great grandfather, but sadly he didn't talk back. See attached.

Mark



Mark, 


Brilliant & is this also a gif animation from the 1980s or '90s of sorts? And good to hear you're doing well!


And, kinda cool, Mark, too! 

Echoing the poem "The Desiderata" being read by its author Max Ehrmann who is animated ... https://youtu.be/lH72Quc9NmI ...
and which animation (but not yet interactive conversationally either) I conclude with in my UC Berkeley Anthropology talk in Dec 2020 here - 

SGK MacLeod TSWG 12 18 2020 Creating a Realistic Virtual Earth Harbin for Tourism
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rjAgHoN1uE4JcuGPiVnvDibpA0Fd4StA/view

Glad you tried to speak with Ernest ! :)

How to go from DNA information to Ernest? Do we have any DNA from Ernest at this point even?

Regards, 
Scott
And perhaps re diversity questions even, if most of all 7.8 billion people can join this SINGLE family tree in WikiTree - 
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/MacLeod-2524 - will such animations develop dramatically? 

MyHeritage
Ancestry com
23andMe
Genealogy com
WikiTree
and all the others will all grow in their different ways ... am keeping focuses on MIT and Harvard Medical School's professor George Church's focus on open DNA, and aging reversal even :)




-- 
- Scott MacLeod - Founder, President & Professor

- World University and School

- 415 480 4577

- CC World University and School - like CC Wikipedia with best STEM-centric CC OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization. 



Scott: 

We have roughly 50% of Ernest's DNA from each of his two sons Jim Alan MacLeod, who I talk to regularly, and Ed MacLeod who lives in Minnesota. I'm working to get a DNA sample from their sister Helen who lives in Belgrade, Maine. And our aunt Mary Bonczek has roughly 25% of Ernest's DNA, etc.

Mark


*


GOOD point, Mark ... 

am not sure how we'll get from an individual who has passed away, and for whom we have DNA to a talking avatar bot conversationally (beyond George Church's wooly mammoth example ... where genes of an extinct species are added to a contemporary related species ...)

but re aging reversal genetic drugs ... and very ...

SPECULATIVELY ... Be careful how you might apply such drugs (re regulation) !!! SIZE- & AGE-wise esp. ... Cells programmed in REVERSE (is one idea here) :) and re
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/Xolobebe.jpg

So, 
In the #GeneticEngineeringRevolution? #WUaSAgingReversal ~ "#Cosmetology is one of the most popular vocational tracks in Mass. But is it too late for a makeover of Madison Park’s beauty program?
https://bostonglobe.com/2021/02/28/metro/bostons-lone-vocational-school-struggles-prepare-students-jobs-can-madison-park-salvage-its-beauty-program-itself/ #WUaSGeneticEngineeringRevolution https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Genetics ~

https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch/status/1366095831581921290?s=19

Here's the Mexican Hairless Dog idea re adding cream to reverse age (and think beauty products too) ... 
https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2021/02/xoloitzcuintle-mexican-hairless-dog.html ... 

and which the WUaS Corporation may seek to develop with time even (and per these WUaS Monthly Business Meeting Minutes esp)

Cheers, Scott
Some of these email conversations from today are emerging here - 


Mark - 

In a related vein, these Tweets emerging here - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2021/02/xoloitzcuintle-mexican-hairless-dog.html - and re aging reversal ... (and much more including a realistic virtual earth for genetics ...) 

And 
SPECULATIVELY - Be careful re #AgingReversal drugs (re regulation) -SIZE- & AGE-wise esp. Cells programmed in REVERSE (is one idea here) :)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/Xolobebe.jpg #GeneticEngineeringRevolution? #WUaSAgingReversal  ~
https://bostonglobe.com/2021/02/28/metro/bostons-lone-vocational-school-struggles-prepare-students-jobs-can-madison-park-salvage-its-beauty-program-itself/
https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch/status/1366095831581921290?s=19 @WUaSPress ~

https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch/status/1366925249795686400?s=20

https://twitter.com/Ramonm2/status/1255901591271399424?s=20



Be careful SPECULATIVELY re #AgingReversal drugs (re regulation) SIZE- & AGE-wise esp. Cells programmed in REVERSE (is one idea here) :)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/Xolobebe.jpg #GeneticEngineeringRevolution? #WUaSAgingReversal  ~
https://bostonglobe.com/2021/02/28/metro/bostons-lone-vocational-school-struggles-prepare-students-jobs-can-madison-park-salvage-its-beauty-program-itself/ ~ https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2021/02/xoloitzcuintle-mexican-hairless-dog.html @WUaSPress ~

https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch/status/1366925107721998336?s=20

George Church has talked about in video a 125 yo living (longest documented living person was 122 yo) in a 30 yo body (will seek to find the reference video with time again) ... and this little puppy lead to some of these further speculatiions - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/Xolobebe.jpg - here in the recent WUaS Monthly Business Meeting Minutes  https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2021/02/xoloitzcuintle-mexican-hairless-dog.html and re aging reversal .:)

Scott
Not genealogy per se, but could also transform genealogy dramatically if we live longer than 122 - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/SGKMacLeod%20family%20history - and continuing to seek a life partner, and perhaps a 27 yo with whom I connect ... for even having a big family, Mark!  
Thanks for your emails. 



-- 
- Scott MacLeod - Founder, President & Professor

- World University and School

- 415 480 4577

- CC World University and School - like CC Wikipedia with best STEM-centric CC OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization. 



*


Scott MacLeod

5:47 PM (0 minutes ago)
to JanieJimedsmythmdAnnAldenLarry
Dear Larry, Ma, All, 

Here's how you'd get into the MIT OCW talk tomorrow at 10 am Eastern Time if interested - 


Sincerely, Scott
Interesting related blog post today - 



- Scott MacLeod - Founder, President & Professor

- World University and School

- 415 480 4577

- CC World University and School - like CC Wikipedia with best STEM-centric CC OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization. 


*













https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirongia_Forest_Park

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Pirongia_Forest_Park

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_parks_of_New_Zealand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Pirongia

...



No comments: