Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Scarlet Begonias Firefly: Let's re-write, re-rif a poem with this pipe major - Jim Morrison - here now which poem of mine? http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/poetry These? ... read and sung with nature in the video behind for what serendipity and Grateful Dead, moving toward Jim Morrison energy to open the doors of perception? "The blueness of the sky at night: I do choose to write the muse of bliss unfolding," "Firefly: I came upon a feast of lights spread speckle 'cross hill and vale," Drove into town … to write my book and explore putting my poetry to song …



Building on yesterday's blog entry -

"Sea Turtle: Jim Morrison of "The Doors" ... wow ... "The Doors --- Liquid Nights," So potent, this poem-video, how to rif as I listen, with - but don't watch, because I write - this here now? Jim sings a powerful energy ... I rif back with."
http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2013/07/sea-turtle-jim-morrison-of-doors-wow.html



Let's re-write, re-rif a poem
with this pipe major -
Jim Morrison -
here now

which poem of mine?
http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/poetry

These? ... read and sung with nature in the video behind for what serendipity and Grateful Dead, moving toward Jim Morrison energy to open the doors of perception?


The blueness of the sky at night: I do choose to write the muse of bliss unfolding

http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2011/01/blueness-of-sky-at-night-i-do-choose-to.html


Firefly: I came upon a feast of lights spread speckle 'cross hill and vale

http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2011/03/firefly-i-came-upon-feast-of-lights.html


May try on the road to Harbin these days ...


*


Drove into town … to write my book and explore putting my poetry to song …

Started reading my recent blog posts  - 


from July 14-July 23, 2013 and liking some of them … 

feeling a kind of lift when re-reading many of them


started rereading these two poems, that I had put in some browser tabs per my July 23, 2013 blog about Jim Morrison and “The Doors” …




Firefly: I came upon a feast of lights spread speckle 'cross hill and vale





Started, while reading them, listening to the Grateful Dead

And then reading them out loud a little …

But nothing was gelling …


(sitting under the big tree on W street, where I sometimes get an internet connection, about a block from Middletown’s main street called Hwy 29)

started singing these poems a little to different Dead songs

e.g. 
Row Jimmy 
Big River 
Stella Blue 
Scarlet Begonias


Finally turned on 'Scarlet Begonias,' a tune I’ve listened to much, and like and they often get to space with it, often played with Fire on the Mountain, which I also like a lot, and started reading -

Firefly: I came upon a feast of lights spread speckle 'cross hill and vale



-       to the very beginning of Scarlet Begonias … 

I’ve had English song tones … modal … ‘merry, merry Robin o’ – kind of in mind, ... When I look at my poetry today, I saw that kind of high toned ‘green wood’ singing in it as poetry, as lyrics … but “Song,” almost “Lieder,” but English Song - which can be quite rarified - and I also had modal harmonies, as well as Steeleye Span and especially Maddy Pryor’s singing, in mind … so I decided to record it ... to turn on my MacBook’s iMovie video recorder and turn on the Dead tune on my smartphone running Android OS with the Dead on it from archive.org and played in Music Player, and sing, in a falsetto with a little funky beat, a little of what works for me musically … may try to video record it on my smartphone as well …

Recorded my singing a little in my MacBook Pro’s iMovie program under “New Event - July 24 2013” and also “Firefly … ” (4 minutes' long) but it wasn’t exactly as I had sung it before recording it, where I saw the potential of the song working musically, and people enjoying the singing and music a lot …


would like to take the idea of the song as I sung it without recording and it was beginning to work, and write it out on notation, in falsetto, as almost “English Song” – but also influenced by Cream and Jethro Tull in addition to folk rock, and Maddy Pryor, and perhaps with counterpoint, and modally … and even J.S. Bach informed, - so quite generative in the music, - and harmonic and regular, as in his "Inventions," and J.S. Bach’s Notebooks of Anna Magdalena (Walter Carroll’s) ... 




the above is an example of a kind of creative process ... 







...





No comments: