Sunday, April 10, 2016

Salvia hispanica: UC Berkeley Professor Nelson Graburn announced on Friday evening, in the Tourism Studies' Working Group talk at UC Berkeley (where Dean MacCannell, author of the seminal "The Tourist" from 1976, was present also), that I had PUBLISHED my Harbin book and I thanked him out loud for writing the Foreword, which I got from him early last week - http://www.scottmacleod.com/ActualVirtualHarbinBook.html, So great to have Nelson championing my Harbin book in many ways, For one, it makes me feel a little less alone in this first Harbin book project, Some related ideas per "Modeling Culture" in my blog post from last Sunday, as well as an approach to an "ethno-wiki-virtual-world-graphy" methodology I'm developing for STEM researchers, A new Academic Press at WUaS - http://worlduniversityandschool.org/AcademicPress.html - also planned potentially in ALL languages, A link to this blog post to Google Street View's view of the Harbin gate, into which I hope readers will be able to enter more immersively and interactively in the future - as if entering into a world, a book and and a STEM research site virtual earth, with time slider too, planned in all 7097 + languages


UC Berkeley Professor Nelson Graburn announced on Friday evening, in the Tourism Studies' Working Group talk at UC Berkeley (where Dean MacCannell, author of the seminal "The Tourist" from 1976, was present also), that I had published my Harbin book and I thanked him out loud for writing the Foreword, which I got from him early last week - http://www.scottmacleod.com/ActualVirtualHarbinBook.html. Nelson and Dean have access to the link to the digital manuscript. Nelson then said it's now just a question of how to get it - (in paper, he means - still need to do the index). So great to have Nelson championing my Harbin book in many ways. For one, it makes me feel a little less alone in this first Harbin book project, - and potentially for subsequent Harbin book and virtual world projects - and re academic anthropology in northern California and a much wider audience of readers, than before Nelson's engagement.

*
Here are some related ideas per "Modeling Culture" - http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2016/04/peacock-spider-archaeology-in-video.html - in my blog post from last Sunday, as well as an approach to an "ethno-wiki-virtual-world-graphy" methodology I'm developing for STEM researchers, especially Anthropologists and Archaeologists, and planned in all 7,097+ languages -http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/ethno-wiki-virtual-world-graphy (where Wikipedia is in about ~300 languages, MIT OCW in 7 and Google Translate is in over 100 languages), and which would find form in Google Street View (with Google Maps and perhaps an un-deprecated Google Earth).

I hope to engage this "ethno-wiki-virtual-world-graphy" approach in my next actual-virtual Harbin Hot Springs' ethnography - http://www.scottmacleod.com/ActualVirtualHarbinBook.html - and also re a new Academic Press at World University and School - http://worlduniversityandschool.org/AcademicPress.html - also planned potentially in ALL languages, and developing with machine translation and A.I. with time.  
Looking forward to staying in touch. 

All the best, 
Scott

*
Hi M,

Thanks again for saying congratulations first, and re congratulating me on April 6th, about publishing my Harbin book - http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2016/04/salvia-hispanica-uc-berkeley-professor.html - which Nelson also shared publicly in the Gifford Room at UC Berkeley on Friday  4/8.

Will add a link to this blog post to Google Street View's view of the Harbin gate, into which I hope readers will be able to enter more immersively and interactively in the future - as if entering into a world, a book and and a STEM research site virtual earth, with time slider too, planned in all 7097 + languages.

Visit the Harbin Gate here,
and 'walk' down the road to Middletown, California, in Google Street View:



*







...


No comments: