Sunday, August 20, 2017

Eared quetzal (eared trogon): Meditation emerging from the warm pool at Harbin Hot Springs even, Moving to the Center, A bit more Yoga daily, Does movement create new cells and neurons? (I asked Google) Yes, for example, see these articles, Hippy~anjali Yoga Notations, But how would Yoga asana localization possibilities HEAL?, Columbia Univ - "How do wounds, cuts, scrapes, lacerations heal?", Now how to reverse and heal eustachian tube dysfunction ...


Hi M,

I imagine you've settled in home again, and could even have enjoyed a lovely breakfast on the back porch today. How's the weather? How are you?

I've been sitting in meditation every day for years now (the dailiness partly emerging from the warm pool at Harbin even - where such meditation in cross-legged lotus pose, as a kind of anchor in its buoyant water, is really releasing and can be somehow uniquely wonderful).

But I'm now wanting to add a bit more Yoga after this sitting - and until I'm 874 (and then yet a bit more Yoga after this:) - say to about 15 minutes of Yoga in the morning now. For example, today I did Sun Salutations, and Viparita Karani (legs up the wall pelvis elevated chest opener pose - which is a favorite regenerative one for me) ... and partly re my R eustachian tube dysfunction (gargling with salt in very hot water seems to be the one thing that might help - and a Nadi pot isn't my thing:), and my shorter right leg, and my right shoulder injury, and with the bellows under my right arm on my small pipes, and now after the R top tooth crown ... - and I was able to do sun salutations and Viparita Karani re my right should today, I'm glad to say .... but I still can't do full chest openers like shoulder stand or any pose that pulls that right front shoulder "pinion attachment" I'll call it. So I think active yoga movement will generate fitness and wellness, and even connections (neural, cellular et al).

Does movement create new cells and neurons? (I asked Google) Yes, for example, see these articles:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/534560-does-exercise-increase-red-blood-cells/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/neurophilosophy/2012/feb/23/brain-new-cells-adult-neurogenesis


Would also like to explore the "plan" word, possibly with B ... G's planning thinking "If you don't plan, someone else will" ... could be relevant here too.

Interesting that Bri is moving closer to the center at Crosslands-Kendall, and downsizing.

In further planning - and re "moving to the center" (I hear G's thinking here again) - I think it could be fascinating to move to Palo Alto with Stanford as its center, or in terms of possible plan B and C ... to Boston (Concord area?) ... or to Philadelphia, and perhaps downtown center near Friends' Center in Phil or somewhere between Arch Street as another Quaker center and the University of Pennsylvania, if ... for example. Eventually, when I'm 85-100 or older, it might be interesting to move to Crosslands/Kendall even ... (since I've lived in the Media/Swarthmore/Wallingford area at Pendle Hill before, for example). But Stanford and Palo Alto of these places is the nicest with the nicest weather too. Culturally? ... I like proximity to Cuttyhunk for community (as a definition of culture here) ... but I don't think I want to live in New Bedford.

Heading to Quaker Meeting today ... would be great if the SF Meeting was in a very beautiful location, in a very beautiful building, with much green around, and generated a culture of trust, and I'l also say generativity - and for kids in the children's program too, as well as adults. In its attempt to be of service, it's chosen a pretty down and out area of SF to be in ... but this all could change too. It's possible even that a World University Bookstore will emerge even in the front room of the SF Quaker Meeting this October amazingly.

Two new Logos for WUaS too -
https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2017/08/resplendent-quetzal-two-new-logos-for.html
... :)

L, Scott
bit.ly/HarbinBook
twitter.com/HarbinBook

*

Hi M,

Glad to hear ... and thanks for your email. Hi to Kare!

Found two articles on how exercise - such as Yoga asana with its range and localization possibilities - creates a) cells and b) neural cells
(called neurogenesis) ...
http://www.livestrong.com/article/534560-does-exercise-increase-red-blood-cells/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/neurophilosophy/2012/feb/23/brain-new-cells-adult-neurogenesis

But how would Yoga asana localization possibilities HEAL - say the floaters in my eye from my recent tooth process - is another question?

So I looked up in Google "why would filling a body part with blood heal it?" (such as from a particular Yoga pose) and found:

How do wounds, cuts, scrapes, lacerations heal?

http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/how-do-wounds-cuts-scrapes-lacerations-heal

Now how to reverse and heal eustachian tube dysfunction ...

Heading to Stanford soon for a noon Ph.D. defense - https://events.stanford.edu/events/704/70497/ - and re WUaS genetic engineering, and also to a concert in Stanford Memorial Church by a choir from the Burlingame Episcopal Church that sung in England this summer - https://events.stanford.edu/events/696/69687/. It might be an interesting choir to explore singing in this autumn - and both for harmonizing and music-making as well as networking.

L,
Scott

*
*
Hippy~anjali Yoga Notations




*






...

No comments: