Monday, December 21, 2015

Meadow: Developing WUaS and editing / indexing my Harbin ethnography ... I wonder how to get to a kind of generative improvisational communicative freedom and joy in human interactions which can be evoked I think in Scottish culture (e.g. RL Stevenson's beautiful book and read "Edinburgh: Picturesque Notes" - http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/382), January Stanford Law Board event doesn't conflict with the January Berkeley Law event re WUaS, WUaS "Hack Night" one minute slideshow,


Hi Scot,

It was nice to visit with you yesterday, and happy, happy and merry, merry.

You'll find a brief WUaS slide presentation (so I'm suggesting this "Hack Night" one minute slideshow) you asked me to send you here part way down - http://worlduniversityandschool.org/.

The January Stanford Law Board event doesn't conflict with the January Berkeley Law event re World University and School which I wondered about as we were talking, I'm glad to say.

Fun to sing at a holiday party I went to in the evening especially with the daughter of my Reed College friend, who had a lovely voice ... both to hear her and sing closely with her ... bringing voices together. Met and talked with a Scot too there who works at UCSF interestingly.

Beyond the step by step approach here to developing WUaS and editing / indexing my Harbin ethnography ... I wonder how to get to a kind of generative improvisational communicative freedom and joy in human interactions which can be evoked I think in Scottish culture (perhaps RL Stevenson's beautiful book and read "Edinburgh: Picturesque Notes" - http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/382 - might be one example), conversationally, but without the lack-of-understanding-almost-opponent-processing or male-this-is-how-it-is stuff which I've found at times in that identity communication? I think it would be simply through actually making music (shall I play the Scottish Small Pipes in the airport, where my flight has been delayed after an early arising?), and so generating also similar code metaphorically, and especially in language with words between two or more people/Scots, that this way could open. I appreciate Jethro Tull and Steeleye Span, for example, but that music can speak of such lacks of understanding too. Seeking here to affirm and generate positive mutually beneficial communications, as well as a kind of Scottish-identity economic opportunity (via WUaS), the lack of which may have contributed partly to such challenging Scottish communications I write about above. A Scotland-India World University and School collaboration - http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Scotland - http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/India - and in main languages in both of these countries too? Je nais se pas ... since Scots don't go in the India direction culturally very much, except that they were probably in India trading with the rest of Britain for a good 250 years too, interestingly ... just musing here.

Step by step strategies, and improvisational harmonious-communication-generation strategies, actually and metaphorically in language, can complement one other.

Your Tarot reading was interesting - thanks. Mouth music and singing for Scottish harmony generation ahead ... ? Robbie Burns speaks to the Scottish spirit ... more than most other Scots' poets and thinkers ... what would be great psychologically-rich language in song about the above? How to generate this? 

Here is my holiday gift to you all: "Edinburgh: Picturesque Notes" - http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/382. It's a delight.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Here's to Auld Lang Syne on Hogmanay! - Burns' song and connecting among Scots on the last day of the year ... wow! :)

Best,
Scott










...


No comments: