Developing Young Leaders -
World University's Fund for Internships and Fellowships' Appeal
Swathi in India in a World University (WUaS) Course in a Hangout
Dear Universitian friends,
Young people have been at the heart of WUaS’s planning throughout our nearly 8-year history. Their fresh ideas and energy, coupled with World University’s plans to develop young leaders grounded in our f/Friendly, best STEM-centric OpenCourseWare and Wiki (people-to-people teaching online) educational values, in most languages and countries, will make for a powerful combination.
The work of WUaS seeks to be further informed by the efforts of young people. World University would like to begin to bring on board more than 100 interns and fellows who will get the skills and experience they need to be leaders in online education.
To this end, WUaS is introducing the World University Internships’ Fund, and with it we intend to provide a solid financial footing for growing internships and fellowships and increase the number we can offer. In our ongoing efforts to create developing free online Creative Commons’ licensed best STEM-centric OCW accrediting university education and degrees (like CC MIT OCW in 7 languages and CC Yale OYC) and wiki (editable web pages) universal education, it’s essential that we inspire and develop the next generation of leaders, interns and fellows to help grow WUaS. This is where we begin.
Interns and fellows* will:
· Energize and inspire high school applicants this autumn 2015 to apply and matriculate at World University and School in 2016.
· Help accredit WUaS in California and develop the new MediaWiki WUaS in a myriad of ways and learn valuable community building skills.
· Marshal local resources that can directly help grow free online CC accrediting education worldwide and in all languages and nation states.
(*Interns are generally college students with limited work hours. Fellows are often graduate students or recent college graduates who can work more hours and do a higher level of work).
You may want to make a special donation or increase your annual gift to support all or part of an internship or fellowship. Another option is to invite friends and family to pool their resources and fund a position or to establish a family endowment fund.
Now is the time to train the new generation of leaders. WUaS’s ability to create developing free online Creative Commons’ licensed best STEM-centric OCW accrediting university education and degrees and wiki universal education will be in our interns’ hands. Your gift will be an investment in our future.
We need your help. You can make 501 (c) (3), U.S., federal, tax-deductible contributions directly to World University and School, P.O. Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, California, 94516. Alternately, you can give by credit card or PayPal account here at http://worlduniversityandschool.org.
Thank you for helping to grow the World University Internships’ Fund.
Scott MacLeod (Founder and President)
- 415 480 4577
- PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization, both effective April 2010.