Sunday, October 19, 2008

Chestnut: Singing, Dancing, Nonharming

Singing and dancing as sociocultural practices in late capitalism.

And what's next on the west coast of the US over, say, 140 years, or 400 years?

* Non-harming as widespread sociocultural practices in developing friendly nontheistic Bohemianism {democratic and prosperous}.

How would this work? - Here are some ideas from my other blog post today, but dated October 12, 2008 ~ Zephyr: Bohemianism, Bonobo, Neurophysiology.


Last night in the Harbin Temple, the marimba band, Kuzanga from Santa Cruz (drawing on Zimbabwean marimba music), played so nicely, with players rotating among marimbas. This marimba music was elevating. While dancing, I was exploring 'bliss' in my bodymind - it was so easy with this music. I added 'lines' of my own music - mental, musical code - as well as lines of poetry and music I recalled, to complement the marimba musical patterns I was hearing . . . which became complex, especially in conjunction with dancing. The patterns that each marimba player makes are a little like computer generated patterns, which then come together is lovely ways.

Chestnuts.

No comments: