Friday, October 10, 2008

Cherry Blossoms: Yoga Ideas, Neurophysiology and Loving Bliss

Simply doing yoga asana (poses) regularly over long periods of time is salutary, and has multiple benefits, some of which are unexpected. How to do this yourself? How to explore this deliciously and without injury? And how to engage yoga to elicit the neurophysiology of loving bliss? Explore, practice and play :)


I enjoy Angela & Victor's Yoga, but they come only very occasionally to the the U.S.A. - angela-victor.com/work.html.

Visit my yoga web page - scottmacleod.com/yoga.htm - for helpful ideas, as well, including links to the following media, and others too. I've enjoyed Rodney Yee's gentle "AM Yoga for Beginners" available for .01 cent, plus shipping, on video (VCR) at amazon.com here, and done this many times. If I could find 3-6 gentle, as well-conceived, well-rounded yoga practices on DVD to complement Rodney Yee's "AM Yoga," I would engage them serially.

I've also found the Mehta's "Yoga: The Iyengar Way" helpful for yoga postures.

Finding a fun social context in which to do and learn yoga makes sense, too. Angela and Victor's courses are fun. :)

Finding very experienced and caring teachers in any yoga group can have benefits.

I enjoy primarily restorative, regenerative and gentle yoga; vigorous yoga has merit. :)

It's particularly the deliciousness of the relaxation response in resting-related poses, and the bodymind chemistry that emerges from good health due to asana-practice overall, as well as while in the poses, and through creative breathing explorations, that I find sweet about yoga.

Let me know what you find in your exploration of yoga, by commenting below on this blog. Yoga can help give rise to beneficial neurophysiology.

I'd like to create a web site with lots of free yoga, especially of Angela and Victor's yoga. :)

I'm still exploring how to engage yoga to elicit loving bliss, but I've found that envisioning this, as well as releasing into loving bliss when it emerges, is part of the process.


Heading to a free yoga class {Harbin generally offers three, free yoga classes a day} at Harbin Hot Springs soon . . . ~ and then into the pools :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best antidotes to stress that I have found are laughter and Iyengar yoga, which I have practiced for over 10 years. I believe the great strengths of Iyengar Yoga are that the teachers are very highly trained and tested, and that BKS Iyengar devoted a lot of his time, expertise and genius to developing the therapeutic use of yoga for various physical and mental ailments. I have used Iyengar yoga for stress relief, and also to heal a bad back.
Deborah Rummelhart, author of Where Are My Ankles? How Iyengar Yoga Rescued Me From Stress, Fear and a Very Bad Back. Read sample chapters and get a coupon for a free yoga class honored at 45 yoga studios nationwide at http://www.funnypath.com .

Scott MacLeod: said...

Thanks - I find Iyengar yoga to be beneficial, as well. When there isn't an Iyengar yoga teacher in the area, engaging the Mehta's book has merit, too. Thanks for letting me know about your book.

Scott