Friday, November 7, 2008

Autumn Starlit Night: Harbin, American Dream, Pools' Transformation

Harbin is a dream ~ a beautiful one, in many respects ~ and it also emerges from the American experience, particularly of counterculture and the early 1970s. But in hippie-fashion, it's a very beautiful, alternative, American, un-American, American Dream. And I think it doesn't go nearly far enough in its experimentation.

Last night was cool, bright and clear, sleeping on a tent platform.

I returned to the pools this morning after a 5 day hiatus. They are so lovely. They, Harbin and its pool area, transform my neurophysiology. After spending some time in the warm pool, {intentionally eliciting the 'relaxation response'}, I went into the hot pool, and mirth emerged from me. Why and how does this work for me, and what does it do for others? Experiences in the pools are many and very varied, given all the people who visit Harbin.

No comments: