Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wilderness Garden: The Garden at Harbin is Thriving, Gray Water from the Warm Pool, Words as Musical Notation

The garden at Harbin is thriving ... and gray water from the warm pool keeps it moist ... it's beautiful ... there are so many vegetables and flowers all flourishing at this time of year. There are also a number of heirloom fruit trees.

I think I met a main gardener there today, although I didn't know her from all the time I've spent at Harbin. She must have become a resident relatively recently.


*

Vis-a-vis my August 1st, 2009 (Ocean Spray: Exploring the Visual Sense of Floating as an Avatar in Second Life, SL Quaker Meeting, Avatar as Musical Notation ~ scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2009/08/ocean-spray-exploration-of-visual-sense.html) blog entry, I think we might consider words as musical notation, as well.


***

In a way, Harbin is perfect ~ its pool area, its openness, its nudity, its emergence from the culture of the 1960s and early 1970s, which gave form to this beauty and milieu ...


****

I'll start a Google group for World University & School soon.


*****

Fairfax, California, in Marin, has a lot of memes {cultural units} from the 1960s. It's pretty alternative. I saw one woman with hair down to below her calves walk by from the cafe I was sititng in. Some others in the cafe were making psychedelic poster art - looking professional - for an upcoming musical performance.


To contact improv soon ...

No comments: