Sunday, December 15, 2013

Thraupis episcopus: Friends connecting with the inner light, in my interpretation, vis-a-vis hardening that goes on in cities, in SF


Hi Donald,

very nice to see you today ...

curious about a kind of hardening, distancing and disconnecting ...

in contrast, perhaps, to a 'tenderizing' written about in Quaker literature often related to Friends connecting with the 'inner light' (metaphorically, in all its many hues and moving qualities, yet fascinatingly significantly), in my interpretation,

that goes on in cities, in San Francisco and which I've also experience in a few Friends' Meetings,

... but where you are connectable as a friend ...

relating possibly to intermingling 'cultures' and visions (e.g. Gay, down and out, individuals simply coping) ... all perhaps simply an expression of urbanism ...


Kids' playing energy can be the opposite of this ...


I also find what I explore calling 'de facto relaxation response meditation' (Quaker Meeting) salutary in Quaker community in its urban-ness ...

but oh for tenderizing and generating connecting Grateful Dead-wise, Harbin pool-wise or Dalai Lama-wise, and Friendly poetry-wise, even ... as examples :)

Just some Friendly witnessing on First Day (different from anthropological participant observation :) ...

not quite 'I doth protest' ...

but an ongoing search for generating salutary community and especially communitas :)

... and I think I'll pop an omega 3 flaxseed oil capsule :)

Scott


*

To recap, I find conversation, and Friendly-wise, with you, especially, salutarily connecting, perhaps in contrast to the hardening, distancing and disconnecting I sometimes experience at SFFM, in somehow cultural and place-based ways, curiously, as I think about it, - but Meeting can be sometimes tenderizing - due to, I think, and what I would call, again, perhaps NtF-wise, the salutary 'de facto relaxation response meditation' of Quaker Meeting.

But I keep wanting to generate cultures of connecting (and Harbin's warm pool is a far-reaching example, as are the GD, - and Friendly-wise, as well), and friendship, Quaker-wise, can be especially salutary this way.

Looking forward to further f/Friendly communications :) And thanks for your email.

Best,
Scott




























...

No comments: