Dear Michelle and Morag,
Thanks for your email inquiry re "Can you assist with Traditional Arts in Education?" in Traditional Scots' Arts, and in English, Scottish Gaelic and Scots. I’m replying on behalf of World University and School (WUaS), which is like Wikipedia in 300 languages with best STEM CC OpenCourseWare (e.g. planning to accredit on CC MIT OCW in 7 languages and CC Yale OYC to offer free online CC university and high school degrees to students).
My responses to your questions are below:
"Can you assist with Traditional Scots' Arts in Education?"
Yes. WUaS can assist with traditional Scots’ arts in education online.
- How can you assist schools or community groups with education through the Traditional Arts? Remember to distinguish between performance sessions, participative activities, and in-service training for teachers. (50 words)
- What geographical area(s) do(es) your activities and services cover?
- Do you and/or your members involved in this work have Basic Disclosures or PVG membership?*
- Are you a voluntary or a professional group/service? How do you ask people to support your educational activities and services? If professional, state a fee level or give the contact for people to get in touch to discuss requirements and costs.
- Contact Information (Name, Address, Phone, Email, Website):
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
WUaS can assist with Traditional Scots’ Arts in education in English, Gaelic and Scots by facilitating open wiki (editable web page) schools and Google group video Hangouts for participative activities, for example. For planning and envisioning, group video conferencing and virtual worlds will also be used for performances.
WUaS seeks to be only online on the web, accessible via the Internet. So, WUaS seeks to be accessible all over Scotland.
World University and School, as a wiki, is comprised of volunteer editors, like Wikipedia in 300 languages. As WUaS proceeds to accredit to offer online university degrees in all countries’ main and official languages, WUaS will become a professional Creative Commons’ licensed (CC) 501 c 3 (tax exempt charity in the USA) group, seeking to become the Harvard / MIT / Stanford / Oxbridge of the Internet in countries’ main languages. As a CC university, planning to accredit on CC MIT OpenCourseWare in 7 languages and CC Yale OpenYaleCourses, WUaS’s bachelor, Ph.D., law and M.D. degrees will be free to students who apply and matriculate. (WUaS is planning to offer online I.B. high school diplomas too, also in all countries’ main languages). As a wiki on both the a) wiki school side planned in all 7,943 languages, each a wiki page to begin, and b) on the degree side - editing a wiki page is open and free. WUaS will seek to collaborate with nation state and local governments for matriculating students’ tuition, which will be some portion of what it costs to go to MIT or Stanford, for example, depending on the country.
World University and School, PO Box 442, Canyon, California, 94516 – info@worlduniversityandschool.
- http:// worlduniversityandschool.org
(And I’m the founder, president, CEO and presiding clerk in a Quaker sense – Scott MacLeod, same address - http://scottmacleod.com/)
World University and School, which is like Wikipedia in 300 languages with CC MIT OpenCourseWare in 7 languages and CC Yale OpenYaleCourses seeks to facilitate wiki schools for open teaching and learning in all 7,943 languages (and online universities in all countries' main languages). Relating to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- on your Traditional Scotland Gifting Every Child web page - http://www.tracscotland.org/ resources/gifting-every-child,
there are already beginning "Scottish Gaelic," "Scots
Language," "Scotland WUaS," "Arts," and “Children’s
Literature and Wisdom” wiki schools/subject pages for open teaching and
learning at WUaS, only in English so far, but which will develop as we move
soon from WUaS in Wikia to WUaS in MediaWiki. For planning purposes, it’s the
subject headings of the central SUBJECT TEMPLATE - http:// worlduniversityandschool.org/ WUaS_En_Wiki/index.php?title= Template:SUBJECT_TEMPLATE
- which will get translated potentially into all languages, including Scottish
Gaelic and Scots' language and for sharing about traditional arts in these
WUaS in these languages seeks moderators, stewards, translators, teachers (to web cameras – as a wiki, this can be anyone who is potentially interested), aggregators / and subject creators. Please note that WUaS is a ginormous project, and that WUaS has both a higher education focus as well as an open wiki school focus which is very much children oriented.
Here are some main links begun already, but so far only in English.
Scotland World University and School (and for accrediting online CC WUaS university degrees, in one or more Scottish languages, and in English to begin) -
Scottish Gaelic language -
Scots language -
Children’s Literature and Wisdom
The main Subjects’ wiki page at WUaS –
Please let me know if I can answer any further questions about World University and School and Scottish languages and arts.
What would be the best way to collaborate vis-à-vis online teachers and creators re the WUaS wiki Scots’ schools and pages?
- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- 415 480 4577
- Please donate to tax-exempt 501 (c) (3)
- World University and School
- via PayPal, or credit card, here -
- or send checks to
- PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.