Thursday, December 31, 2020

Island fox: Poetry, New Book, ~ 4th book of poetry, 5th book! ~ 'Light, Float, Sit, Watsu ~ Virtually: Bodymind Electricity Sings to Me at Harbin Hot Springs & Other Traveling Poems' - Allman Brothers with Jerry Garcia in 1972 at the Cow Palace - & Piobaireachd as blues? - Since Piobaireachds are almost always laments or sad, I think, I wonder if it's Scots ways of playing the blues, in a way :) How to add, in one way or another, a blues idiom to Piobaireachd on a 9 note chanter, and for musicians to riff together, too ;~) ?, Seeking an online piano teacher, and begin to play piano again (Suzuki method, appreciating method), And if I could find a inspiring and genius Diana Henderson, MIT Professor of Shakespeare, and English Lit., who teaches piano online, that would indeed be who I'm seeking as a piano teacher


New book, ~ 4th book of poetry, 5th book!  


Available here soon: https://www.amazon.com/author/scottmacleodworlduniversity


'Light, Float, Sit, Watsu ~ Virtually:  

Bodymind Electricity Sings to Me at Harbin Hot Springs & Other Traveling Poems'


 

CONTENTS


PREFACE    


Light, Flight, Sit   


Bodymind electricity sings to me, o thee, who are pair 


Illuminated Star Cloud: The dance or the pools? First the dance then the pools 


In the space between warm water molecules, home at Harbin.


Would like to sail 


I kissed your back 


The bell was sailing off Canapitsit 


I started piping for 


She dappled sun 


Watsu


Monsieur Nikhil Bannerjee, master raga player, moved me along the way 


The Gazebo Light Show at Harbin


Resplendent Quetzal: Light lumens illuminated lightly


Big, green, iridescent forests speak to me in Oregon, on the road to Reed


Sounds in the night in Kolkata (Calcutta), India, Tagore's "A Moments Indulgence", I lie in my bed in the home of the parents


Elephant seals: Santa Cruz, on New Year's Day


Harbin Waters’ Cosmic Consciousness 




* * * 


Most beautiful Piobaireachds ~

Since Piobaireachds are almost always laments or sad, I think, I wonder if it's Scots ways of playing the blues, in a way :) How to add, in one way or another, a blues idiom to Piobaireachd on a 9 note chanter, and for musicians to riff together, too ;~) ?



Excellent, Taylor! 


Since Piobaireachds are almost always laments or sad, I think, I wonder if it's Scots ways of playing the blues, in a way :) ... Am wondering too whether we could explore adding, literally, in one way or another, a blues idiom to Piobaireachd on a 9 note chanter :_:) ... as I listen to this, 

The Allman Brothers Band Featuring Jerry Garcia ‎– Live at the Cow Palace, 1973

https://youtu.be/DNAmXz8kc6I - where toward the end, one song is an old classic lullaby or similar, sung to the blues, in a great way :)

See you tomorrow, 
Scott


PS



PPS
Am wondering about some of your thoughts about the following, re my seeking online piano instruction: :)



To my mother and old family friends: 

Thanks to a very nice Xmas gift from my mother, - and in teaching Scottish Small Pipes' online on Skype, and enjoyably (during the Covid-19 Pandemic) - I'm seeking an online piano teacher, and begin to play piano again. 

While I think the Suzuki method might be very sensible too, (since I think Henry and Sandy, for example, played Suzuki violin together), and now Online, I'm also seeking to play (ear candy) Scottish Country Dance sheet music more fluently, and the Blues' piano book tutorial I have, and JS Bach's Inventions (which music really speaks to me, and which comes somewhat fluently). 

And if I could find a inspiring and genius Diana Henderson, MIT Professor of Shakespeare, and English Lit., who teaches piano online, that would indeed be who I'm seeking as a piano teacher ... (so, again, an online teacher of piano with the genius and inspiration, and good will smarts, of a kind of Diana Henderson, MIT Prof of Shakespeare and English Lit - https://twitter.com/DianaHe23732776 - and now with the internet, it's possible to find teachers from any city in the world, from anywhere in fact, so I'm writing you in all your different cities to inquire about your ideas about how to find a best & inspiring teacher from the Boston area, or London, or ? (I've put an email I sent recently to my mother about this reg. related ideas / Questions - and Janie and I have also talked about my appreciating a teacher with a method, since I teach SSP with 3 College of Piping tutorials, so am posting the Suzuki Piano Book 1 below too!).

Fond regards, 
Scott


Happy New Year 2021 letter ! ~
& with Aging Reversal ??? herein ...



Hi Ma, 

Just started to look around for piano lessons, and found in a Google search, about the 6th link down, this Yelp referral site for the 10 best piano teachers in the SF Bay Area


And at the top of their list is this -

And while it's a great avenue into to seeing how online piano learning would work, and great outreach as a web site, I'm not all that inspired by the lead of this music school - 

Interesting ... am thinking I'd like to find an online teacher of piano with the genius and inspiration, and good will smarts, of a kind of Diana Henderson, MIT Prof of Shakespeare and English Lit - https://twitter.com/DianaHe23732776 - and now with the internet, I could conceivably find an inspiring teacher from Boston or London even :) Wow ... 

Am I still interested in playing Scottish Country Dance sheet music more fluently, and the Blues' piano book tutorial I have, and JS Bach's Inventions - all of them? I think so to start ... so how to find and connect with an inspiring teacher for this? 

There are other links above this from the Google search (below), but only a few seem possibly inspiring.

Do you happen to know of anyone in Pittsburgh in these regards? :)

On with the search! :)

How's your day going, and how are you?

L, Scott

And while Anna, the first teacher here - https://www.hendersonacademyofmusic.com/san-francisco-piano-teachers - from Russia, might be most inspiring for me, and possibly patient too (since I'm basically a beginner) and as a woman, she seems likely most classically music-oriented. But if she could help me play JS Bach fluently ... :)


Might find someone here - 


Suzuki Piano School Vol 1 Revised Edition - 



-- 
- Scott MacLeod





*



https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2016/08/11/ap_573338748102_wide-5b65eee22c8564e8f30145bf6e642cd4e34fe506-s800-c85.jpg

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/11/489695842/once-nearly-extinct-california-island-foxes-no-longer-endangered








https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_fox

...



No comments: