Saturday, February 5, 2011

Clayoquot: World Univ & Sch & HTML 5 on a wiki platform, esp for old mobile phone/handheld computer browsers, Standards that make MediaWiki for all

World University & School and HTML 5 on a wiki platform, especially for old mobile phone/handheld computer browsers, will be interesting.

Wikipedia and Wikia don't work well on my web capable handheld's browser

... Mobile New York Times does ... but it isn't wiki (and I think the NYT's built their own software).

I'd like to see standards that make MediaWiki, for example, work well on my old handheld browser. ... vis-a-vis the developing/emerging world and OLPC countries, - and which is securable ... to be seen ...


DC:

Word up, scott. I don't know if it's a similar problem or not, but I never use Wikipedia on my state-of-the-art Blackberry Bold because I can't use zoom and so it's illegible.


Scott:

Thanks, Douglas - I don't think Wikipedia's wiki is written in HTML (hypertext markup language - the language of web pages) for many handheld's browsers ... while Wikipedia is in 272-ish languages, and a wiki-software model for WUAS, we may have to re-write Wikipedia's sftware, or start from the ground up for all the different handheld browsers in the world ... didn't know that Wikipedia didn't work on a Blackberry :)


I don't think Wikipedia's wiki is written in HTML (hypertext markup language - the language of web pages) for many handhelds' browsers ... while Wikipedia is in 272-ish languages, and a wiki-software model for WUAS (http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/),


WUAS may have to re-write Wikipedia's software, or start from the ground up for all the different handheld browsers in the world ... didn't know that Wikipedia didn't work on a Blackberry :) Does it work on your handheld?


BB: Rats Scott, check out www.gameful.com lots of brilliant developers there I'm sure will know












(http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2011/02/clayoquot-world-univ-sch-html-5-on-wiki.html - February 5, 2011)

No comments: