Wednesday, September 3, 2014

California Black Oak (Quercus kelloggii): Called Harbin about photo permissions for my actual / virtual Harbin ethnographic manuscript, how best to generate Harbin photos for my ethnographic book of actual Harbin



Dear friends of my actual / virtual Harbin ethnographic book publishing planning and project,

I recently called Harbin about photo permissions for my actual / virtual Harbin ethnographic book; I had sent Harbin my 415 page manuscript on May 22 per their request. Harbin said they had decided that I wouldn't be able to use Harbin photos from their web site - http://www.harbin.org/ - or take them on my own.


I may now try:

- to draw some on my own,

- think of other ways to generate astounding images for my book,

- plan for making an interactive movie realistic virtual Harbin (hopefully part of a virtual earth) for my second Harbin book and actual / virtual Harbin ethnographic comparison, possibly without access to Harbin for videography for this,

- begin to contact Yale UP, as well as

- bring the manuscript to completion editing-wise.


Very glad to have learned this.

I'd welcome your thoughts about how best to generate Harbin photos or images for my ethnographic manuscript of actual Harbin.

Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,
Scott





*




















...


No comments: