Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Groundwater: Possible for me to co-teach a course as a tenure track MIT Media Lab junior faculty member with Prof K.B. in the Harvard Graduate School of Education?, Involve listing my and K's course in the MIT course catalog itself and in the Harvard Graduate School of Education's catalog per this course - http://worlduniversityandschool.org/InfoTechNetworkSocGlobalUniv.html, Some MIT resources about co-teaching, Added the following Chadbourne family resources, Now to flesh out cultural {"cultureal"} context from evidence, Can't think of many book authors in our family history, On with Harbin book indexing (for the 3rd + time) ...


Hi M,

I wonder if it would be possible for me to co-teach a course as a tenure track MIT Media Lab junior faculty member with Prof K.B., for example, in the Harvard Graduate School of Education ... and online - where I'm in California some of this time ~ Jan-May 2017 (and she would be in Cambridge or elsewhere) - to get going in the MIT/ Harvard teaching stream with good flow ... I'll inquire with Karen, especially since she has a Ph.D. from the MIT Media Lab ... This would involve listing my and K's course in the MIT course catalog itself and in the Harvard Graduate School of Education's catalog per, and per this course - 
http://worlduniversityandschool.org/InfoTechNetworkSocGlobalUniv.html. I particularly want to give the first 8 weeks of talks or so from my course, and also focus then on some contemporary IT developments. She's focusing on Creative Computing these days in part ... and my course would dovetail with that in significant ways ...

Here are some MIT resources about co-teaching ...




***

I added the following Chadbourne family resources to my related blog post yesterday, here http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2016/08/springs-hydrology-humphrey-chadbourne.html ...


More about Benjamin Lincoln vis-a-vis Chadbourne -

"Hannah Lincoln, daughter of Theodore, married
Ichabod R. Chadbourne."
https://archive.org/stream/lincolnfamilymag12clem/lincolnfamilymag12clem_djvu.txt



I've come across some of these names and resources before ...

I remember hearing too some of this history in the early 1980s from Granny (and Tom Eschweiler - there may be a correspondence between them in your attic in fact), as I read these relationships here again too ...

Now to flesh out cultural {"cultureal"} context from evidence ...

I think my Harbin book will be a good text legacy along these family history lines, as well.

I can't think of many book authors in our family history (let alone University Presidents, or founders of ~200 Harvards of the Internet, and publishers of an Academic Press, both planned in all 7,943 languages).


***

Now that I've heard back affirmatively, how would you suggest settling teaching at the MIT Media Lab and beginning teaching Jan 1, 2017, if possible?

On with Harbin book indexing (for the 3rd + time) ... 


L,
Scott





*





...



No comments: