Thursday, June 8, 2017

Cascade Range: Oregon, Perhaps out of this Reed College visit will come infrastructure generation re WUaS ... which is excellent ... Newly incorporating the WUaS Corporation (dated April 21st) will inform some of this - and is a real success, Rinker Buck's book "The Oregon Trail: A New American Journey", Throwing his smartphone in river, he concludes his NPR interview with ... :), I can see a lot of parallels with both my Harbin book and ongoing actual-virtual Harbin research for a second book and making of virtual Harbin /earth ... back to the Oregon trail, a major journey, living in nature, leaving the modern world behind (with which I begin my Harbin book), My Harbin book is referenced in Wikipedia in the Harbin Hot Springs' article, Great interview about World University and School - http://northernspiritradio.org/episode/free-universal-school with Scott MacLeod, and Mark Judkins Helpsmeet (interviewer). Free Universal School 2017, Taoist car wash ...


Hi M,

Visiting Kai in northern California was wonderful  :) she's got amAzing vision (very hippy) - nurturing, motherly, caring ... Will bring something from Kai to her daughter Chloe today who's taking time off from Reed.

Nice to be at Reed ... Portland is green and beautiful with grey skies, rain (and it's just slightly in miniature - houses, streets - compared with SF BAY Area, which is kind of charming), and there are many conifers outside my window ... and I have computer access. 

Heard the freight trains this morning around 4 am which my friend Ty and I hopped for a brief time (a hundred yards, if I remember correctly) for an adventure around 1980, also around this time in the morning :)

Perhaps out of this Reed visit will come: infrastructure generation re WUaS ... which is excellent ... around Google Docs, for example, which many prospective WUaS hires in all languages will probably be using ... university infrastructure and personnel will all be online in ALL languages - a new world. Newly incorporating the WUaS Corporation (4/21/17) will inform some of this - and is a real success -  dated April 21st.


Thought Rinker Buck's book "The Oregon Trail: A New American Journey" you mentioned when I called from near that pint sized Conestoga wagon from northern CA by the side of the road was a kids' book but it's 450 pages long ...


Great, smart interview with Rinker Buck, who went to Bowdoin College in Maine, here ...  





Throwing his smartphone in river, he concludes his NPR interview with ... :)

I can see a lot of parallels with both my Harbin book and ongoing actual-virtual Harbin research for a second book and making of virtual Harbin /earth

... back to the Oregon trail, a major journey, living in nature, leaving the modern world behind (with which I begin my Harbin book - http://www.scottmacleod.com/ActualVirtualHarbinBook.html)

My Harbin book is referenced in Wikipedia in the Harbin Hot Springs' article, but it doesn't have its own page yet ... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbin_Hot_Springs ...

{And this is actually a great interview but about World University and School - 
http://northernspiritradio.org/episode/free-universal-school with MacLeod, Scott, and Mark Judkins Helpsmeet (interviewer). Free Universal School 2017 - accessible here - http://scottmacleod.com/papers.htm}

I wonder if Rinker Buck could interview me or write a piece about my Harbin book since he's also a journalist ... could focus on nostalgia for the 60s 70s ... to parallel Oregon Trail ... perhaps ... but my Harbin book is also generative looking ahead information technologies' wise ... and of a kind of Harbin meditation experience in warm water from our homes (bath tub) too.

Have a great day, M!

L,
Scott


Taoist car wash ... it's raining harder now and my car ...

(a 2005 Prius, is getting more than 48 mpg on the last few tanks of gas - as I continue to protest against global warming by seeking to reduce my own emissions, - as a Friendly Quaker witness too, which I was doing in Portland partly from 1979-1987, and while at Reed, by not riding in automobiles, but only by bicycle or public transit - and for about 22 years) 

... needed a cleaning after many moons of sun in the SF Bay Area ...

L,
Scott





*












...



No comments: