Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Palisades: Harbin Today & in the 60s & 70s, Harbin Books, Napa Valley Hillsides

Harbin today ... is a little quieter than I suspect it was in the 70s, and 80s (I first visited in 1993 or 1994), even though more guests visit today than then. This has something to do with cultural changes.

I imagine Harbin in the 60s, 70s and 80s was very colorful, to say the least. Check out Ishvara's book (2002) "Oneness in Living: Kundalini Yoga, the Spiritual Path, and the Intentional Community," {http://www.amazon.com/Oneness-Living-Kundalini-Spiritual-Intentional/dp/1556434138/ref=sr_1_1}, as well as Sajjad Wyne's, the current head of Harbin, book (1997) "Harbin and the Big Bang Experience" {http://www.amazon.com/big-bang-Harbin-experience/dp/0944202101} This latter book is very funny, and Brautiganesque. Even though they date from just a few years ago, they are both influenced by 1960s and 70s thinking.




*

I pulled over at a very beautiful spot in the road on my way back from Harbin, in the Napa Valley.


I was cultivating something new, for me - an observant relaxation response. Observing beautiful nature, while releasing, is also very salutary, but not as deepening, biologically.


While the vineyards in the Napa valley are beautiful, I'd like to explore the hill sides of the Napa valley, finding the quiet roads, and very obscure Vineyards and museums, for example. Where to find interesting maps for this?












(http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2009/12/palisades-harbin-today-harbin-in-60s.html - December 9, 2009)

No comments: