Saturday, February 14, 2015

Gentiana: Touched and moved by these childhood photos my mother sent me as a Valentine, Yay for unique and great expressions (symbols?) of love and my mother's understandings ... :)


Touched and moved by these childhood photos my mother mailed to me as a Valentine as an expression of care and love ...




The hard work which the card refers to (and she too) could include World University and School, as well as her own :) ...


... (this picture is probably from the town of Hamden next to New Haven, Connecticut, in 1966, where we had just moved to from Boston, and where my father was joining the faculty at Yale)

... and inside the card ...



... This following picture was taken about 3 years (1963) earlier probably in Cambridge, Massachusetts (my father was doing part of his medical residency/internship/training at Harvard), with me naked in a pool on the roof of where we lived (interesting now vis-a-vis my ethnographic focus at Harbin) ...





Yay for unique and great expressions (symbols?) of love and my mother's understandings ... :)














...


No comments: